Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh right, training

Remember how I said I was going to train? Right.

Things have not been going well in the training department. Unless not doing anything counts as training. Then, I'm kicking ass.

I did manage two 3-mile runs last week, but only because I have an amazing midwife who recently joined weight watchers and wants to do a half in May. She called me twice and wouldn't take no for an answer. I even pushed the stroller for one run - wow, I say.

But then said amazing midwife took a very selfish vacation and left me to find my own motivation. Hmph. And as you guessed, I didn't find it. She's back this week, thank goodness.

In the meantime, I had managed to kick the baking habit for a full two weeks, and then promptly crumbled and made both muffins and cookies (in my defense both were for get-togethers and most of the muffins stayed there. The cookies? Not one survived after just 24 hours. But they were small. Right.)

The calendar says it's the last day of November. By now I figured I'd be a solid three weeks or more into strength training and non-running stuff. Instead I'm looking at January 18th with more than a little trepidation. Why, you ask? I've decided to run a half in early May. And what's 15 weeks prior to that date? January 18th. And here's me thinking I would have maintained a 6-mile base. Um, no. But I do have a 3 mile base, which, compared to this last go round is 3 miles better than last time.

My new goal is to get three 3-mile runs in a week. Or any three days of activity. I'll bloody well count laundry if I have to, but I just want three workouts in in a week is that so much to ask, Body?


The Chou, judging my inactivity. We do have daily tickle fights. Do those count?


She looks like all she needs is a cigarette the way she's got her hip jutting out there. At least she's not face-planting anymore...much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the decrease publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=amadis video converter suite 3.5.1 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg