Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, that went well.

And by went well, I mean it didn't.

Last week was a gong show. My love and partner for life has basically abandoned me for this new phase of his job. My wee baby has decided she can now pull herself up on anything and everything (or will nearly kill herself trying) and has also started covering ground and picking up the most minute speck of anything she can find. Translation? Icky dust mite-riddled carpet would actually be a good thing to have right now; at least it would save me from all the sweeping/swiffering I'm doing (or should be doing).

What I'm trying to say is that I got in exactly one 3-mile run (though in under 10 min/miles, yay me!) and one weight/ab routine and that's it. In fairness, the weights actually really kicked my butt - literally. I haven't done that particular routine in quite some time and I thought, heck, I'm in way better shape, I can kick it up a notch. Ouch.

Which brings me to today. I'm looking at the week and wondering where I'm supposed to fit everything in, especially in my new found life as a single mum (I'm hardly exaggerating. Seriously. He put in a full day on Sunday, and is getting home a whole hour before the baby goes to bed). I suppose I could adjust my expectations, but that's not going to get me where I want to be. Chou and I do start an aquafit class on Tuesday, but it's only 30 mins Tues/Thurs, so it almost doesn't count. Hmm. Time to get creative, I guess. Any suggestions?

In other news, Chou has a sniffle (her first real cold, awww) and isn't sleeping well, meaning I'm not sleeping well. Meaning I'm grouchy. As if you couldn't tell.


Ms. Chou playing her new favorite game Stand Up. She MUST stand at all times. She's even tried pulling herself up on my leg. It doesn't matter what it is, she. must. stand. It's cute. Except that it leads to walking. Which is cute, you know, when other people's kids do it.

No comments: