Saturday, May 2, 2009

Perfection

I'm now 30. While I joke that it's my 2nd annual 29th birthday and bemoan the wrinkles and the demise of my 20s, in reality, I'm very happy to be 30.

I look in the mirror and I'm ok with what I see. I look around at my little family and the life we're building and I'm happy. I think of my family and friends who I wish were here, and there are many of them and they are all wonderful people. I am blessed, I am happy and I like me a whole lot more than I did at 20. This is all good.

And the best part? Last night Chou slept through the night for the first time....from 7:30 pm to 5 am, straight through. She nursed, then went back to bed for two hours. Even better, the husband and I woke up at 6:30, with no alarm, and he brought me gifts of Gucci smelly stuff and a new makeup bag. He's arranged for a babysitter tonight so we can go out for our first dinner alone(!) since Chou was born. Oh, AND I get to watch the Kentucky Derby before we go.

Life doesn't get any better than this.

Happy birthday to me. Welcome here, dirty thirties. Let's party.

2 comments:

coach jen said...

Oh, and you're mega skinny. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hey did you put the $2 on the long shot????????????? Wasn't that an exciting race! holy shitters man! That bird had it goin' on!
Anyway, Happy B Day...30 is fun...enjoy!
luv J9
Reflections on my 30th BDay...
I was 9 mos preg for Joce, whom I didn't know was Joce, could have been John...