Sunday, July 12, 2009

There are too many posts flying around in my head

At some point I decided that I liked writing again. Even blogging. Since then, the floodgates have opened and I'm constantly jotting down this and that in the day planner to remind myself later, when I have time, to compose, edit, publish.

The issue becomes when to find that time, what to share, what to hold private, what fulfills my need to do this?

In short, we're coasting through a Sunday afternoon after the last of the much-loved guests have gone. My daughter has stunned us this week with her ability to not just speak and sign but to communicate. There is a huge difference. She signed "All done" one night after only one story (we usually read three) because she was just that tired. She now answers yes or no questions with a response, I think, she intends. She's dropping to one nap and growing up so fast.

I've also had a bit of a revelation about life, work and the balance of it all. Having Jen P out to mull it all over helped immensely. As did running six miles where I did all the talking (as an aside, that woman is my hero for knocking out six miles at eight weeks preggers and nauseous) Getting the OK from the office to go back up to full time helped too, in that I'm formulating a plan - a two to three year plan - of goals, accomplishments and fun stuff I want to do. That's another post entirely, but it's in the works.

For now, I'm basking in the glow of having spent time with my sister, niece and nephew, friends and their wee one, having our first camp fire (and three s'mores), putting the first six mile run behind me and finally, FINALLY looking forward to a great week at work.

Life is good.

***
P.S. Bread recipe is here, for all you wanna be granolas like me.

***

P.P.S. Yesterday marked my parents' 39th wedding anniversary. Funny that in my mind I always see them at their 25th, even though dad has aged and moved on. But I somehow know that had death not gotten in the way, they'd be celebrating now, and as a wife going on a fourth year anniversary and all the ups and downs we've had, I can't help but still be a little stunned by such a number. Happy, happy, in the great beyond, Mum!

No comments: