Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 10: The one where I fail

Day 10. I did not run. I did not yoga. I did not lift weights.
I did, however, walk many miles in very high heels back and forth between conference rooms, my hotel room (I'm in layout for my magazine) and back to the conference rooms. My feet hurt and I'm more than a little bummed that I didn't work out, but I'm not exaggerating when I say I also had THREE meetings on top of all the conferences, plus had to go off-site for supper. On the plus side, I did manage to only go 3 to 6 (it's hard to say) points over on my day. I only ate meals at the conference and came up to my room to eat some fruit for snacks. This is likely the first time I haven't eaten a muffin, danish or other nummy nummy at a conference. That's a win for me.

Either way, all of this is to say, today will be better. I've blocked off 4-530 for ME and I will get it done. Somehow.

Begin virtual a$$ kicking....now.

2 comments:

JL said...

I think it says a lot that you can pull a win out of that - well done! Hope you get a bit more time to yourself today!
J

Natalie Bowers said...

It's really hard to stick to things when your away from home, so I think all that walking in high heels definitely counts! Hope you've had a better day and found that ME time. :-)