Sunday, January 18, 2009

My boss is stalking me

Either he can read my mind, or he's reading my blog. And so far, it's working out in my favor.

The boss and I finally had a chance to chat this week. The news on one end was not good - no more money in the budget for me. I expressed my disappointment and was about to counter with a "Well, what about part time for more per hour?"

Except that I didn't have to say a word.

He said, "Have you thought about part-time? We could potentially bump up the hourly rate but you only work two and a half days a week."

Um, did you just totally do some Jedi mind trick and read my mind?

Nothing's set in stone, details have yet to be worked out, but it looks like part-time might happen leaving me free to be with my baby and play with some ponies (maybe).

Perhaps I should start concentrating really hard on four weeks vacation per year....

No comments: