Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Forward facing

We turned the Chou's car seat around the other day. I'm pretty sure it's the most exciting thing that's happened in her short life. Suddenly, the world is not this retreating scene, but an anticipation of what's to come. That, and she can give us her chicklet grin in the rearview and we laugh and laugh. She can also point at us and her toys and give her "ohhh" sound that means "give me the damn toy, mother."

Watching her adorable little face in the mirror this morning snapped me out of this funk I'm in. My apologies, of course, for any reading the blog or who have talked to me on the phone lately - I'm just not my regular woot woot happy self. I can point the finger at the speedy move, the return to work, the lack of running but all of those are excuses. Life is all about your attitude in dealing with your situation, not the situation itself, right?

Today I seek to be positive. To see the many good things in this crazy life we're leading. And so, it is Hump Day and I give you the Wumpus Wednesday Things That Are Good List (I invite all bloggers reading this to do the same, but don't feel like you have to. At least think on all the good in your life though, OK?):

Ahem.

Things That Are Good
1. Cream in coffee. Sure, it may not help my booty bulge, but it tastes way better and keeps my coffee hot longer. I will not go back to skim in my coffee no matter what WW says.
2. Crisp sunny morning drives with a giggling baby in the back seat.
3. A new city with affordable housing.
4. A relocation plan (read: someone else footing the bill for such a monumental task)
5. Packers and movers (see number four for why I'm not worried about this part either)
6. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
7. External hard drives
8. Freshly laundered sheets on a freshly made bed
9. Friends willing to take your precious plants and take good care of them (Ahem.)
10. Hair highlights (that you didn't pay for)
11. Raffi on CD (Thanks, Kels!)
12. Well worn slippers that fit your feet just right


Have a great hump day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raffi is happy music. I dare anyone to turn it on and NOT be happy. Impossible!

Anonymous said...

Raffi rocks. Almost as much as forward facing. But do get some sort of cover for the backs of your seats.